Need an easy and yummy idea for Supper tonight? I found inspiration for this recipe on Pinterest and tried making it last week, even though Adam is not a fan of vinegar. You can easily subsitute a meat of your choice if you are not a fan of pork.
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2/3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Coconut Sugar
- Season both sides of chops with garlic salt, pepper, and onion powder.
- Heat pan to medium heat, then add olive oil and heat.
- Add pork chops and cover pan. Cook over medium high heat until browned on both sides (about 5 minutes.)
- Place pork chops on plate. Lower heat, to make the reduction, add vinegar, sugar and cook until sauce thickens (about five minutes, sauce won’t get very thick but will become a little more like a syrup.)
- Place pork chops back in pan and cook an additional 2-4 minutes, rotating and turning over a few times to glaze the pork chops with the sauce.
- Serve by pouring sauce onto of pork chops.
*we served onto of Near East Couscous*
As soon as Adam walked in the house he smelt the vinegar and was immediately turned off. He was determined not to eat the dish and order pizza. However, with a little convincing I got him to taste the syrup concoction and he was in! He even said he would eat it again!
Let us know if you give it a try! It really was delicious and VERY easy to make!
Hope you are enjoying your Newly Newlywed or Nearly Newlywed moments as much as we are!
Adam & Holly
PS: Remember we’re newlyweds, not experts! Sorry no final picture! It smelt so good we started eating and forgot to take a picture! Whoops!